WE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TO BECOME A STUDENT FINANCIAL VOLUNTEER FOR THE SPRING 2015 – FALL 2015 SCHOOL YEAR UNTIL 3/27/15. APPLICATION FORM IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND ON OF OUR INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS BUT IT IS ENCOURAGED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM AND WHAT YOU ARE SIGNING UP FOR.
OUR NEXT INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS ARE:
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11 @ 12:30 IN BUSI 118
THURSDAY, MARCH 12 @ 12:30 IN BUSI 118
***Requirements to become a Student Financial Volunteer***
Sophomore, Junior, senior, or graduate student classification
2.20 minimum GPA
Have previously passed or are currently enrolled in FIN 333
(If you are currenttly enrolled in FIN 333, acceptance is contingent on passing the class)
- What is a Student Financial Volunteer?
- Student Financial Volunteers work in tandem with the SFA Student Financial Advisors to help promote financial literacy and smart money management throughout the SFA campus and Nacogdoches Community. They assist the SFA Student Financial Advisors by helping with promoting events, facilitating workshops, contributing to the blog, and other supportive roles.
- What are the expectations of a Student Financial Volunteer?
- Actively volunteer and assist with SFA Student Financial Advisor events
- Help promote and attract students/community members to events
- Attend Student Financial Advisor events
- Submit a minimum of 3 blog articles a semester
- Why should you become a Student Financial Volunteer?
- Great opportunity to build your resume
- Get some real life experience dealing with financial issues
- A chance to give back and help your campus and community
- Potential to be hired as a SFA Student Financial Advisor in the future
To be considered for acceptance as a Student Financial Volunteer fill out the form at the bottom of this page before Friday, March 27.